The color scheme generator for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Whether you’re a web designer, interior decorator, artist or just a lover of colors, ColorToy can help you find your ideal color scheme. This simple, flexible app lets you generate, modify and store complementary color palettes.
How does ColorToy work?
The first time you run ColorToy, it will generate a random color — known as the Key Color — and a suite of complementary shades. If you’re happy with this palette: great! If not, you can explore more design options with ColorToy.
- Generate another Key Color by tapping Inspire Me.
- Tap one of your complementary colors to make it the new Key Color and generate a new suite of matching colors.
- Save palletes to your scrapbook by tapping Save.
- Email the current palette to yourself or to your project partners by tapping the Email icon.
- View the Key Color in full screen mode by tapping it. Simply tap it again to return to the previous view.
- And that’s only the beginning. ColorToy has four different views which enable you to fine-tune your colors until you’re totally satisfied.
ColorToy has five main modes.
This is the default view, where you generate, share and save color palettes.
Here you can tweak the key color to your heart’s content. A litle bit darker? More blue?
Capture is the newest mode. Here you can grab colors from your own images or direct from the camera.
In this view you can browse your saved palettes.
- Settings Etc
This view allows to you change the way that ColorToy displays information about your Key Color. The options are RBG (Red, Green & Blue), Hex, HSB (Hue, Saturation & Brigtness) and None.